The Acqua Fragile group, fifty years after their first self-titled album in 1973, comes out with a brand new work, an album, with totally original songs, entitled: “MOVING FRAGMENTS”. Confirming the salient characteristics of his style - vocal harmonies, odd tempos, romanticism, aggression, theatricality and research - there are numerous new features and significant developments that embellish the new album. The three historical elements of the band Piero Canavera/drums, percussion and vocals, Franz Dondi/bass, Bernardo Lanzetti/lead vocals, guitar and Glovox, are joined by Stefano Pantaleoni/keyboards, Claudio Tuma/guitars and the vocalist Rossella Volta, all already present in A F's live adventures over the past two years.
Nine songs of which five in English, one instrumental and three in Italian. Developing the method experimented in the previous work "A New Chant" (2017), there are numerous guest musicians including one British and one American. In three songs, Bernardo Lanzetti's creative engine is accompanied by the contribution of keyboardist and composer Stefano Pantaleoni.
The production is entrusted to Dario Mazzoli, already a collaborator of Lanzetti in numerous adventures in the recording studio including his latest solo album "Horizontal Rain" (2021).
In detail, here is the list of songs as they appear on the CD. Naturally for vinyl, with sides A and B, the order is different.
1. “Her Shadowʼs Torture” (S. Pantaleoni/B.lanzetti). Guest Gigi Cavalli Cocchi on drums but also author of the cover and the band's brand new logo.
2. “White Horse On Dope”(B. Lanzetti). Guest guitarist Stef Burns.
4. “Malo Bravo”. (B.Lanzetti) Guests Brian Belloni/guitars and Sergio Ponti/drums.
5. “I A - Intelligenza Artificiale” (S.Pantaleoni/B.Lanzetti). Guest Davide Piombino/7 string guitar.
6. “Black Drone” (B.Lanzetti). Guests, Gigi Cavalli Cocchi/drums and David Jackson/sax and flute.
7. “DD Danz” (S.Pantaleoni). Instrumental.
8. “Il suono della Voce” (B.Lanzetti)
9. “Limerence Ethereal” (B.Lanzetti). Guest Sergio Ponti/drums
All guest musicians have militancy or knowledge of the Progressive Rock genre. The presence of Stef Burns was singular who, in a concert with her Rock Trio, had impressed Bernardo very favorably. Of course, famous for his collaboration with Vasco Rossi, Stef confessed to a previous period of research very close to Prog. “White Horse On Dope”, the song featuring him on electric guitar, could be described as “Hard Rock in odd time” on which vocal harmonies in pure AcquaFragile style produce a very original effect. “Black Drone” makes use of the total contribution of the horns of David Jackson, legendary protagonist with Van Der Graaf Generator and frequent visitor to Italy. Once he had seen the parts of the arrangement of the song submitted to him by Bernardo, David went so far as to perform EVERYTHING!. Among the songs in Italian it is worth mentioning “AI Artificial Intelligence”, where the vocalist Rossella has two short solo interventions, and written three years ago, before the topic became so everyday