Second episode for the Five Storey Ensemble. Natural pursuit of previous experience with Rational Diet.
Much more complexity, more room for melodies, a real small orchestra, guides us between awkward and melancholy atmospheres.
Chamber music with sounding solutions and interlocking sounds with unique style and elegance.
A narrative that encapsulates the drama and pathos of a movie soundtrack.
A disk of great maturity and quality.
References: Rational Diet, Michael Nyman, Chamber Music, Film Soundtracks
- Night Across the Street (music by Olga Podgaiskaya)
- The Respectable Booksellers (music by Olga Podgaiskaya)
- Makaó (music by Olga Podgaiskaya)
- Postmonition (music by Vitaly Appow)
- Rearrive (music by Vitaly Appow)
- The Road Away From... (music by Olga Podgaiskaya)
- Woods Are Worried From Boredom (music by Olga Podgaiskaya)
- Jupiter (music by Olga Podgaiskaya)
- Vitaly Appow — bassoon, soprano sax, bass guitar;
- Olga Podgaiskaya — piano;
- Olga Polakova — flute;
- Anastasiya Mosse — violin;
- Ilona Ies’ — cello;
- Vyacheslav Plesko — doublebass;
- Nikolay Siamitka — percussion (track 4);
- Aliona Sukliyan — oboe (track 5);
- Vladimir Pashkevich — clarinet (track 7);
- Andrey Verishka — marimba, vibraphone (tracks 1,2,6,7);
- Ekaterina Maretskaya — piano (track 3).