The album title resumes the concept that inspired the whole work: things and
people often appear so close, while they're so far, especially in the
contemporary ‘virtual’ and global world.
Incommunicability increases distances between people, self-alienation
increases the isolation of an individual from the rest of the world and
technology can enable dramatic consequences to happen. However human
beings have the power to avoid all these things by listening to their heart and
living their real lives first.
01 The Eve (instrumental) 02.26
02 I Tried And Tried 05.36
03 Man On The Wire 05.56
04 Stay With Me 04.03
05 In Your Absence 03.39
06 Let My Drop Of Sweat Fall Down 04.25
07 Crystal Falls 06.08
08 One Face One Lie 06.19
09 Next Time 05.36
10 The Last Sign 06.27
• written (music and lyrics), arranged and produced by Alex Carpani
• Alex Carpani - keyboards, vocals and programming
• Ettore Salati - acoustic and electric guitars
• Joe Sal - vocals and additional guitars
• Giambattista Giorgi - electric bass
• Martino Malacrida – drums
• edited and mixed by Marco Barusso @ BRX Studio in Milan, Italy
• mastered by Marco D'Agostino @ 96Khz.it Mastering Studio in Milan,
• vocals and guitars recorded @ BRX Studio in Milan, Italy - engineered by
Marco Barusso, assisted by Dario Valentini
• drums recorded @ Raffinerie Musicali in Opera (Milan), Italy - engineered
by Fabrizio Barbareschi
• keyboards recorded @ The Music Room in Bologna (Italy) - engineered
by Alex Carpani
• bass recorded @ Scandellara Studio in Bologna (Italy) - engineered by
• album photos by Nino Saetti
• album graphic design by Max Messina
• album cover image edited by Gigi Cavalli Cocchi
• background actress in the photo shooting - Marianna Forni
• concept, art direction and album coordination by Alex Carpani
Some impressions of the album:
Adam Holzman (Steven Wilson band / Miles Davis)
I checked out the tracks… Some very good stuff there! Very nice vocals, and
good song writing. I liked the quiet, moody sections with the electric piano.
Your record overall sounds very strong!
David Jackson (ex Van der Graaf Generator)
It is a fantastic new album! Great new material and great performances
throughout – and fantastic production. Vocals have reached a new realm!
David Robinson (Classic Rock Society. U.K.)
I’ve just listened to the new album (about 5 times!)...wow...I was not
expecting that! I have to say, I think it’s excellent. Great songs, modern
sound, and very good playing. I think it’s your strongest release for sure.
David Cross (ex King Crimson)
I am enjoying the new album – great work!
Billy Sherwood (Yes)
Congrats!! I wish you the best with it all!!